DDMAC Warbird Fly-In Sunday 1st July 2018

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Martin Lynn
      Keymaster

DDMAC are holding a Warbird Fly-In on
        Sunday 1st July 2018 (10.00am start)
        down at the DDMAC Flying Field.

Check the main website page for full details.

Any updates relating to the event will be placed on here, including confirmation as to whether the event is going ahead or not, in case of any adverse weather conditions.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Martin Lynn.
        • This topic was modified 6 years ago by Martin Lynn.
        Martin Lynn
        Keymaster

Just to confirm after the club meeting on Thursday 12th April 2018, members voted that the Warbird Fly- In, should revert to the original date of Sunday 1st July 2018 and not be held on the new proposed date, of 3rd of June.

I am unlikely to be available on the 1st July, so we need someone to run and organise the event.

Martin.

Anonymous

Got a nice new (second hand) Puppeteer which hopefully will be ready for the day – needs new motor and one of struts fixing.

Martin Lynn
            Keymaster

This event is going ahead. The field will be open from 10.00am. The weather looks like it will warm and sunny, with the temperature reaching around 25°C. It is likely to be quite breezy too, with a moderate to strong Easterly (13 mph with gusts to 27 mph).

Martin Lynn,
              DDMAC Membership Secretary.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Martin Lynn.
              Martin Lynn
              Keymaster

Thank you to everyone who attended an helped out at this event. It turned out to be very hot and sunny in the end. Thank you to Matt & Ivan for doing the catering again.

Martin.

Anonymous

Once again a very enjoyable day with a relaxed atmosphere in the warm sunshine with food and soft drinks provided. The Puppeteer, shown in a previous posting, even won a prize, to my delight. Thanks to all who set it up and ran it (and sorry to those who had unfortunate crashes in the tricky cross wind conditions). Bob.

Anonymous

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to come out and play yesterday and I was looking forward to being there.

At 1:40 on Sunday morning my first grandchild Joseph arrived, after a long wait, 8lbs 8ozs and mother an baby are doing well.

I was otherwise engaged holding the baby yesterday afternoon, where else could I be.

Well, we at least have another prospective junior member in a few years…!

Anonymous

Congratulations Andy. You will be too busy baby sitting now to fly!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.